My cousin sent me a snap of her dinner the other night: shrimp over pesto zoodles. Before I say anything else, let’s be clear about two things.
One, I’m the worrrrrst snapper (snap chatter? what is this even called?). It never occurs to me to post something on Snapchat and when I do, it’s never interesting. I’m not in with the in-crowd, clearly.
Two, I love zoodles more than any human should. They’re so versatile and you always feel so good after eating them, even if they’re smothered in Alfredo.
So, I decided to raid my fridge and follow my cooler and snappier (?) cousin’s lead (she’s single, fellers). Plus, I still had half a jar of pesto left over from my Chicken Petso Pie. And Connor will tell you, few things give me greater joy than finishing an entire container/jar/package of food without ANY of it going bad. It’s like a drug, but without the drugs.
Creamy Pesto Zoodles
(basically to finish off the leftovers in your fridge)
Makes: 2 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Total: 20 mintues
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- Raw shrimp with the tail on – I used 4-5 per person
- Mini heirloom tomatoes from TJ’s, halved – Hey Trader Joe’s, lookin’ for a sponsorship.
- Artichoke hearts, sliced
- 1-2 TBSP Italian salad dressing – or to taste
- 1 large zuchinni, spiralized
- 1-2 TBSP pesto
- 1-2 TBSP Alfredo
- Optional: Parmesan and red pepper flakes for topping
- Heat coconut oil over medium high heat. Cook the shrimp for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and artichoke hearts and douse in salad dressing. Cook for a few more minutes until the salad dressing has coated the shrimp/veggies and shrimp turns opaque.
- While everything is cooking, spiralize the zucchini.
- Add zucchini to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add pesto and Alfredo in a 1:1 ratio over the zucchini and toss to coat. I prefer my zoodles less saucy, so add a little bit at a time until you’re satisfied.
- Continue to heat until cooked through.
- Remove from heat, top with shrimp mixture, Parmesan and red pepper flakes. If you want, I guess.
This might be the easiest and quickest meal I’ve made in a long time. Which was good because I was way behind on The Bachelor and they were making Corinne do farm chores. #NotTeamCorn
Plus, it was delicious and pretty good for you – even with the Alfredo. Come on guys, this isn’t ANTM. Eat the ‘fredo.